12 October 2015

Eyeshadow Palette Review: Nichido vs. Ever Bilena Palette


It's really been a while since I last updated and to make up for that, I will do a back to back review or more of a face-off review on 2 common eyeshadow palette in the market.

First off, Ever Bilena Eye Shadow Palette



It contains 12 Eye Shadow in 1. The packaging comes in a simple black case that includes mirror and an eye shadow applicator. The applicator I might say is a little flimsy and I needed to replace it with a newer one.

The purpose of having that many colors of eye shadow is for you to blend. That should be the unwritten rule in applying eye shadow and using a single color on your eyelids for me is a tad bit lacking or sometimes ridiculous depending on what color was used.



1 - Light color or a highlight color for the brow bone
2 - Main Color, dark color preferably a matte one
3 - Blending Color





First row of this palette is more appropriately used for the brow bone, 2nd row as blending color and last row as main color, but of course it will never hurt to experiment and mix match colors That is the fun part in having an eyeshadow palette -- there will be more preferences.

Meanwhile, first column are more on the earth colors, second column: plum colors, third column: brown/natural colors and is my favorite and fourth column are for the smokey look.

Using the 3rd column respectively

It only contains 2 types: Matte colors and soft shimmer colors.

Matte colors: # 1,2,3,4,5,9,12
Shimmer colors: # 6,7,8,9,10,11

Swatches


I felt a slight itch at first try but I am now using this palette everyday. Staying power and color are so-so, it is more subtle than eye-catchy. I wish they could name the colors so it is easier for us to refer the colors but overall this is a useful palette in the makeup kit and I got all the colors I need for any mood and occasion.

Swatches on eyelids: Using column 4 (sorry for the ungroomed eyebrow)




Nichido Eyeshadow Palette

It contains 8 eyeshadows and 2 blush-ons


Ingredients

Despite indicating in the box that it is matted type all of the colors are shimmer to glitter type. The packaging is lighter than the EB palette. It is also comes in a black packaging with mirror and applicator.

Unlike the EB palette, it doesn't suggest color combinations. It is just random everyday colors but overall it is usable.



# 7 and 8 looks almost the same but 7 has a reddish undertone. #1,6, and 4 are my favorite colors in this palette. Like the EB palette, it doesn't refer the colors with unique names and whatnot.

Sometimes the shimmer in this palette easily transfers (too glittery for everyday look) but slightly more pigmented than the EB palette.

Sample: Using # 4,8 and 6


The blushes however are of usable color which I like and I can blend the two colors. It is very useful for me and I am using it almost everyday.

Swatches: Last 2 colors on the right are the blushes



Overall in comparison, Ever Bilena palette is more favorable for me because it got matte colors and more colors to choose from to create color combinations and appropriate colors for the brow bone, lower lids and for the crease. Meanwhile, Nichido earn points from me because of the presence of the blushes.

I don't regret buying this much of eyeshadow palettes because it is useful and fun in my makeup routine.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for another great article. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. Best Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

    ReplyDelete