17 October 2015

Glam Works Skin Perfector BB Stick Review

I actually needed a concealer but I ended up buying this Glam Works Skin Perfector BB Stick. I think this is a new product in the market and along with this BB stick, BB cream that comes in a tube are also on sale.

'Brightens and Corrects skin tone'

I got the shade medium nude and for what I can remember it is available in 3 shades: Ivory Nude, Medium Nude and Natural Beige. I'm not sure if I got all the names right though.






Anyway, on with the review:

Packaging: Extra points for the design, I find it very pretty- pink, I must say girly and detailed. It comes in a light plastic and is similar to a lipstick in which it is rolled-up to get much of the product. It is not sturdy, the product broke from it's container after a week of using and the stick is smudging all over the container and is now messy





Coverage: 3/5. Good and buildable, and I 'm using this as my under-eye concealer because the concealers I've tried are either too sticky or too flaky. So this pass as a concealer, not as good as concealing like a concealer though but it has perks like the brightening effect which somehow corrects nasty dark under-eye circles discoloration.

without the product

with the product: 2 swipes


Finish: Dewy, as opposed to it's description that it is a matte-finish. It does an ok job for a BB stick as people will buy Blemish Balm products for it's dewy and healthy skin finish.

Swatch


Staying power: 2-6 hours, applying powder will prolong it and it has good chemistry with pressed powders


What I don't like about this product is the smell. It smelled like makeup that is about to expire and I thought it only smelled on the tester. I'm not that picky with the smell so it doesn't stop me from using and luckily the smell fades away minutes after applying and it doesn't stay.

Overall this is a good buy for the price (Php 150). I'm not sure if I going to buy again as I have couple of BB products in my stash already.

*Glam Works products are product of Watsons and is exclusively available in Watsons stores and SM Department stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment