03 February 2015

Product Review: The Face Shop Phytogenic Infinite Powder Foundation

I know most of you have this go-to compact powder that you bring almost everywhere for touch-ups and whatnot, it’s hard to live without that compact powder so with mine running out it was the perfect timing that Face Shop had a booth in the last kpop event I attended. Not really planning to buy a Face Shop brand but why not?

So bought this Phytogenic Infinite Powder Foundation as my new everyday compact powder.


Medium to full coverage, Matte touch powder foundation with skin protecting antioxidants, green tea extract. Staying Fresh:  1) Porous powders absorb sebum, maintaining fresh look all day 2) Coating Powders efficiently protect color pigment from darkening. Skin Color Control System: natural coverage of the wrinkles and pores of the skin by reflecting the incident light in oblique angles.

Packaging: Unique and sturdy. Does not look cheap. It comes with a compact mirror and a sponge. There’s a plastic that separates the sponge from the powder to prevent bacterial growth in the product.


Coverage: Although the description tells that it’s medium to full coverage, I find it light to medium coverage. I have huge ass pores in my nose and it doesn't cover that much same with my breakouts while it covers my pimple scars minimally. It is not cakey when combined with other products like foundation, BB Cream or a tinted moisturizer.

Finish: It’s matte and has a good natural finish on my skin. If I want my makeup to be subtle I use this. Its formula is perfect for everyday use. The shade I bought is in RB23 and upon application on my face it’s like 2 shades whiter on my skin, it’s very powdery upon application, however it oxidize on my face for about an hour and after oxidizing, it matches my skintone enough. I find that it has a brightening effect on my face after oxidizing just like that of a BB cream.

Oil Control: Fair enough

Other pros and cons:
Pros: Has SPF20. It does not clog my pores.  Has the power akin to a mineral powder
Cons:  Few shades to choose from. The darkest shade is still too fair for me, but I do take note that Face Shop is a Korean brand, and Koreans really have fair skin which explains the fair variety of the shades.

The best thing about buying from Face Shop is they give out free samples of their other products.


I got E'thym O2 Water moisturizer and toner which is for hydration of skin and Clean Face moisturizer and toner as well for oily skin. 

1 comment: