26 February 2015

Cake Foundation

I've been reviewing much about lip products so today it's all about Cake Foundation.

I had a huge discovery in making my skin more flawless. I've tried piling up thick foundation, concealer, BB cream and setting powder on my face to make it more flawless but the coverage isn't enough and end up a little cakey to say the least on my face. I ignored the idea of adding water on my makeup routine because I deemed it a hassle.

Cake Foundations are long known and used by makeup artists. It is used for pageants as well because of its coverage and lasting power.



One day I was bored, I decided to try cake foundation to see how it works on me.

I loved the results! It works well on oily skin like mine. It stays longer, no need for several touch-ups and the coverage is buildable and excellent. It has a matte finish that is not too powdery.


I ended up buying Nichido Beauty Cake because the Kokuryu brand was not available. Nonetheless I will try the latter in the future.



I bought the Classic Mint shade and Amber shade. Don't be intimidated in applying the green shade because it is used to counter redness, acne and blemishes. After applying the Classic Mint shade, it's the time to apply the skintone (Amber) shade. Nichido Cake foundation shades are a little dark in my opinion. The Amber shade I bought was the the second lightest shade in the bunch but it is a little dark on me. I did not buy rosy beige which was lightest shade because it was too pink on my skin.


A sponge is needed for this makeup. Water is also needed because it is water-activated. A spray bottle with is more advisable for this than dipping the sponge in the water. I used distilled water to prevent breakouts. Spray enough water on sponge and start applying the product.

I started applying the Classic Mint shade first all over my face concentrating on my breakouts and eyebags. Then the Amber shade, I applied more on the areas with blemishes like pimple scars and dark under eye circles. On the top of the cake foundation, I applied my regular face powder to set and to make it stay longer

Few cons for this makeup though is that it can be messy and a bit time-consuming. It can be drying on skin if used regularly. It might be the cause of further breakouts if the sponge used is not cleaned well given that a moist sponge can harbor bacteria and microorganisms. The matte finish may not look that natural on some skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment