07 November 2015

My skincare routine

Having flawless skin is such a goal to achieve and maintaining it is another, but you know it's not that difficult to achieve and I believe that each one of us have a at least a routine or ritual that we do to have a favorable skin condition.

Others will have treatments like facial, diamond peel and the like done professionally in a spa and believe me you don't necessary always need those to be done in a regular because the effect of it achievable in having your own routine. Each one of us have different skin types and knowing how to take care of it is a key.

Although for skin types that have severe/cystic acne, it is still best to consult a medical or professional help.

My skin type is combination. My T-zone especially my nose is super oily and the rest of my face is normal to dry. My main problem is large pores around my nose, oily skin and blackheads and whiteheads. Luckily, I don't breakout too much that it covers my whole face, although I do when my monthly period is coming but it's pretty normal for girls.






I make sure that I have an everyday trusty facial wash that I use to clean my face. I use Maxi-Peel Exfoliant Facial Scrub because I find it "hiyang" for me than other generic facial wash out there and it really works well. I have lesser breakouts than when I was using Pond's Facial Wash. My face feel fresh and clean during and after washing and it has a cooling effect that I like. I feel my skin mildly exfoliated. Others think that using Maxi-Peel products will literally peel their skin off but no peeling whatsoever will happen while using this, just a fresh wash. 

My secondary wash is Nivea Sparkling White Pore Minimizer Wash. I use this to switch to on other days with Maxi-Peel. It is said to minimize pores, whitens and brightens which I want (and need) to have in my skin.  This is one of my favorite facial washes. I use either to rinse off my makeup but it doesn't completely remove makeup so sometimes I use a makeup remover in conjunction with these washes.

Another facial wash that I have been using is Etude Every Month Cleansing Foam which I will review soon.





I have more whiteheads and blackheads more than you can imagine and I admit I pick them sometimes that it had cause large pores. A way to exfoliate it effectively, safely and naturally is using St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub (deeply exfoliates to reveal smooth skin) and St. Ives Blemish Control Scrub (prevents blackheads and minimize pores). Both have beads that you can feel while washing leaving a smooth, fresh-feeling almost like out-of-a-facial feel after. I use either one and make it a point to use this at least once of twice a week to control icky blackheads, dry and blemished skin. A weekly treatment for me. I noticed that my blackheads and whiteheads lessened.





I do have pimple pop-up in my face from time to time but not that severe I say. I use this pimple to cream to treat it. 

Quick FX Pimple Eraser
A little drop goes a long way. It dries out pimple not as fast as other pimple cream that dries it instantly but at least it lessens swelling. It contains:

1. Glycolic Acid - Rejuvenates and evens out skintone. I remember my dermatologist used to encourage me to have glycolic peels once in a while. Apparently, glycolic acid is a known natural exfoliant. It helps remove dead skin cells and allows healthy, glowy skin to surface.
2. Salicylic Acid -  I bet we all know what this is for. This potent acid is known to treat acne.
3. Zinc Oxide - Helps control inflammations and relieves skin irritations. It also protects the skin against the harmful rays of the sun; an SPF of some sort.
4. Vitamin C - Helps lighten pigmented skin. It also help relieve troubled skin.
5. Niacinamide - Also an agent known to lighten skin.

All these benefits to fight off pimple and acne.



Add caption
For my never-ending blackhead problem. I use Pure Derm Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask because I have whiteheads all over my face. I layer it with this to remove or minimize it. Bench Clearpore Charcoal Cleansing Strip specifically for my nose because my blackheads there is outta control. It removes shallow blackheads but not deep-seated ones. I use this rarely though and it is not advisable to use everyday. 




I don't know what this is called but I sometimes use this to pick blackheads and whiteheads but make sure it is clean and sterilized while using.




I use toners before going to sleep and also use this to remove traces of makeup as well as drying out pimples. Toners are use to clean face and even out skin tone more. Also great for oily skin. I use Maxi-Peel Pore Refining Facial Cleanser and or Maxi-Peel Classic Facial Cleanser.


Moisturizers. Everybody needs it especially the one with sunscreen. Although I only put on moisturizers before going to sleep, the sunscreen might be out of work. My favorite are Myra Vitawhite Moisturizing Face Lotion with actilight complex and spf 15 and Gluta-C Insta-White among the bunch. I like Myra because it moisturize my skin enough leaving it dewy,  supple, healthy and younger looking while Gluta-C whitens my skin faster than other creams. Also, it repairs sun-damaged skin (which is my skin).



Facial Masks. This is optional but it makes my skin feels like a wonder and I like to have a extra pampering for my face. 

Etude House Pomegranate Face Mask

This face mask is my favorite.

--

So my skincare routine sums up with:

1. Daily Cleansing
2. Exfoliating
3. Toning
4. Moisturizing

It is safe to say that my skin is in good condition (less breakouts + glowing skin) with these steps that I do and you can too. Share with me your own skincare routine :)

1 comment:

  1. Can i use apricot scrub adter using maxi peel exfoliant solution for 2 months?

    ReplyDelete