11 July 2015

Product Review: Fashion 21 Pressed Powder with Cucumber Extract

It seems that my 'tan' from summer is not lightening up any time soon and my everyday compact powder that is The Phytogenic Infinite powder from Face Shop has become too light for my skin tone with that also running out, I had the urge (or probably I can say more an impulse buy that is) to buy a new everyday powder without the original plan and the budget for that matter.

The budget wasn't a problem as this was really affordable (P135.00) and I was originally planning to buy the Fanny Serrano Two-Way Cake in Chino but I had change of plans.




Anyway, I'll start reviewing Fashion 21 Pressed Powder with Cucumber Extract

Packaging

The green compact case is such an eye-catcher. The case looks sturdy enough and it won't break or deteriorate as easily as the time goes by. It has a large mirror in my opinion which is a plus for me.


The sponge is a little too thin for me. I don't think it distributes well the product into my face as it absorbs the product more than it transfers to my skin. I'm just thinking whether to replace it with a better sponge, use a powder brush or keep it anyway. For a while, I'm keeping it.


Coverage and color





The consistency of the product is so creamy and is finely-milled. I chose the darkest shade which is the #3 because I needed a darker shade--it has slight yellow undertone which I like and it is almost as the exact color of my skin. It seems I am not wearing anything. The coverage is light to medium but hardly buildable. 

Ingredients

Staying power


Staying power is around 2-4 hours, oil control so-so. However, I think it does a fair enough job as a setting powder when used with foundations and keeps oil at bay when used alone as the finish is matte and manages to keep your face fresh and generally flawless. Although when it oxidizes in my skin, my skin looks darker and messy. That is generally the case for most face powders, that is why it is better to buy a face powder slightly fairer to your skin but I wanted something that matches my skin perfectly. What I do is blot the excess oil with blotting paper when it has oxidized and reapply again. The scent is very light, it doesn't bother me a bit. 

It also has the benefits of a Cucumber as this is infused with cucumber extract. Few benefits of cucumber are it has anti-inflammatory effects, it is also a good antioxidant, and it hydrates skin. You get so much for this product in such an affordable price. Overall it is really a good find for me. I don't regret buying this. If you want a face powder that covers much of your blemishes and stays long this might not be the right powder for you but if you're looking for a good lightweight, natural-looking powder this is perfect for that need.

3 comments:

  1. Hello! I have been using this and yes - it works really fine if you only want a natural and oil-free finish! And what's good is that it registers well on pictures taken with flash. It really is a good find for its price. Love your blog as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the difference of all 3 shades and what shade would you recommend to morena girls?

    ReplyDelete