04 June 2015

Product Review: Kokuryu Summer Cake

Last time I posted about how I found cake foundations are very convenient for me and a must-have of my makeup kit from now on because it is really suitable for my oily skin and not to mention perfect to the hot summer weather we are currently experiencing right now. I had the Nichido brand to try on then but now I finally bought the Kokuryu brand I was ever itching to buy since I discovered cake foundations.

I am not quite sure why it is called summer cake but I'll research on that.

Anyway, here's my post about my last review on cake foundation

I had the Kokuryu Summer Cake in Orange Blush



It is way whiter for me now because I bought this shade before going to the beach, but then after I went to the beach I had a tan and my skin is visibly 3 shades darker.



The consistency of this powder is so creamy. Remember that cake foundations are water-activated and water is needed to apply it to your face



Ok so a little comparison from the Nichido brand. Kokuryu has more shades. It has 8 shades available to match various skin tone well unlike Nichido only having 5. Kokuryu also has better staying power.

Pros
-Coverage is great.
-Cheap (Php 110 =$2+). It goes a long way. It can be used on special events like weddings, pageant, graduations as this will give a flawless and stunning finish
-It stays regardless how oily or how long I've been wearing this


Cons
-Packaging can be a little inconvenient as the lid of the powder gets easily detached
-I don't know but despite cake foundations giving good coverage it does not appear natural and subtle so people would say that I had to much makeup on when I wear this
-A little hassle as this needs water to be applied.
-Can be drying

But overall it's a good find


No comments:

Post a Comment