20 April 2015

Juice Cleanse Diary

Here’s my entry on my overall experience on juice cleansing. I mentioned on my last entry that I will make separate entry regarding my first experience on juice cleansing.

I decided to do juice cleanse because I am aware how unhealthy my lifestyle is lately from eating too much processed food day in and day out, lack of exercise, too much sweets and caffeine (coffee, milk tea – I gotta admit I’m milk tea addict) to sleeping late (by late I mean 6 am). I just feel the need to give my body a break and be a little health conscious. Honestly, I am not feeling well by practicing these unhealthy habits on a regular. One way that came into my mind to break these habits was to do juice cleansing.

The rule in juice cleansing is if you’re a first timer it is best to do a day of juice cleansing first before doing a full 3 day or 5 day juice cleanse.

So for this time I tried to do a day of juice cleansing. Supposedly, on the first day no solid foods except for fresh fruits and vegetables plus the juices, but I modified it a bit.

So my diet plan for that day along with the juice cleansing was:
Have a few restrictions:

No coffee
No soda or artificial juices
No sweets
No alcohol of course
No meat (but I did had a small portion of meat)
No dairy products
No junk foods

Some preparations I did before doing the juice cleanse was to make sure I was well rested that day and drink a half to a full glass of water every meal. My meal throughout the day will be consisted of 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner). No meals in between and lastly tea before going to bed.

Breakfast: I decided to take Sexy Detox Hulk Green as my first meal for the day and nothing else. I drank a glass of water prior


I felt sour in the stomach being that I was hungry and weak before I had intake the juice but the feeling went away a couple minutes after. I can’t live without coffee. I always 101% take coffee the moment I wake up and this day was an exception. I have to say that I did not feel sluggish after taking only 1 juice for breakfast and in fact was energized and refreshed after. I then continue on with my activities for the day.

Lunch: I had my lunch around 3 hours after my first meal. I drank water first. I drank Sexy Detox Almond Delight with an all vegetable meal with Chia Seeds. It was a good combination. 



I wasn't really hungry but my cravings for solid food increases exponentially at this point. I think it is best to do juice cleanse while doing light activities.

Dinner: Approximately 3 hours after lunch I had dinner. I had it with a light meal. Salad with bread and a small portion of meat plus Sexy Detox Fast Red. 



The feeling was a little different after eating a full meal. The effects of juice cleansing was taking over. I also fell asleep on my way home but I can tell I wasn’t exhausted. #EffectsofNoCoffee

Night: My hunger pang was terrible. I ate bread with Green Tea and a slice of lemon. Green Tea with lemon is my wonder drink. Green Tea has loads of antioxidants and help burn fat while lemon helps in weight loss and cleansing the system.

Here are some notable experiences after the cleanse:
-I had a headache in the evening. They say it’s normal as the body increases the level of toxins and eliminates it
-I peed more than ususal. I also had 1 bowel movement in the evening. I had stomach cramps followed by the bowel movement. I can tell it wasn’t the norm but I really felt relieved after as if my colon was thoroughly cleansed.
-I felt lighter and refreshed the day after.
-I was 2 pounds lighter. Accompany it with exercise for better weight loss.

I’m really craving for juice cleansing every now and then. I actually want to do it again, every week or even every month. I advise you to try juice cleansing.


If you have tried juice cleansing share you experiences with me! :)

1 comment:

  1. this is nice! so you only drank 3 bottles that day and coupled them with light meals. XD i hope i can do this too being in the night shift! i'm excited cos there's already sexy detox at SM north edsa! XD thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete